Saturday, January 21, 2006

My debut

It has come to my attention that I have not posted anything in a while. True! So here I go again.

Today was my debut in track in college. I have not run a track race since May somethingth, 2003. That race, incidentally, was also a rather slow 3000. I was last in that race, too, last by about half a lap, so when I crossed the finish line, I threw out my arms and thrust my chest forward like sprinters do to break the tape. That is just the kind of person I am.

So, today I ran a 3000. I think my time was 12:48, or at least when I saw the clock, it said 12:47. By my calculations, this turns out to be 6:51 per mile: Not Fast. Needless to say, the leaders lapped me twice. However, this is merely where I start. I have a lot of work to do.

I did take some excellent pictures at the meet, though. The guys' races were from 1-3:30 and the girls' from 4-6:30, so I had a few hours where I could just take pictures. It's really dark in the track, obviously, but PhotoShop helped a little bit. The best way to see them is to go to the facebook and look at my albums. If I have an exceptional one, I'll put it on flickr.

No comments: