Tuesday, January 24, 2006

It's fun to be a sniper (a photo sniper, that is)

My window is very high up. My camera zooms in very far. Thus, from my window, I can snipe pictures of people without their knowing.

Consider, for instance, this one:

This guy tripped as he was walking up the stairs to the bank. Ha ha! I bet he didn't know that unlucky move was captured on camera. And those branches just adds to the stealthy feel of the photo.

Then there's this squirrel.

This is what it looks like if I zoom all the way in and point at the ground. My window is about four stories from the ground (two flights of stairs, but the ground slopes and the stairs are on the high side whereas I'm on the low side). I have 12x optical zoom, which lets us get close enough to feel like we're one with the squirrel, doesn't it?

No comments: