Sunday, January 09, 2005

A restful day

Today, I got up at 10:30. That wouldn't seem so surprising, since it's a weekend and I'm a college student, but I also went to bed at 10:00. So I slept for over 12 hours. Wow. And the crazy thing is, I wasn't sleep-deprived; I slept for nine hours the previous few nights. The idea of going to bed at 10:00 on a Saturday night is not to be a social reject; I'm trying to move my bedtime earlier so that I will be able to fall asleep when I go to bed at 9:00. This way, when my alarm goes off at 6:30 in the mornings for school, I will be well-rested and not yawn all day.

Today when I was running, I happened to look up at the sky just when a cloud had turned into a rainbow! It was a most amazing sight, one that I have never seen before: the cloud was multicolored! As the wind blew, it spread out the cloud, so the colors didn't last over 30 seconds. I managed to take a picture of it, and the nice people who wrote back to me on my WSO blog post about it have informed me that what I saw was a sun dog. Neat!

I spent the rest of the day in my room, typing up an explanation of the basics of HTML for the Free University class I am teaching. I managed to give a good introduction to pretty much everything anyone would want to know, and I kept it relatively short (eight pages). When I was finished, I realized I forgot to put in anything about page anchors! Oh no! I doubt anyone will ask... I did put in just about everything I know, and certainly everything I use on a regular basis, though. I think it's good to know HTML, because everyone uses the Internet so regularly that it is nice to know how it all works, from the inside.

No comments: